17 Sep Homemade Wheat Bread Recipe
Is there anything better than warm, homemade bread? How bout warm homemade bread you’ve made yourself? Booyah. So delicious. Homemade bread is actually a lot easier than you’d think! Here’s the recipe and the instructions below for the BEST and easiest Whole Wheat Honey Bread ever.
- 6 cups warm water
- 2/3 cups oil
- 2/3 cups honey
- 8 c. whole wheat flour (plus 2 to 4 cups more more for later)
- 2 T vital wheat gluten (you can buy it at the Bosch Store)
- 2 T dough enhancer (you also can buy it at the Bosch Store)
- 2 1/2 T instant yeast
- 2 T salt
- Add the first 7 ingredients together (everything except the salt) into a mixer and mix until smooth.
- Add in 1/2 more cup of whole wheat flour along with the salt.
- Slowly add in more flour until the dough doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl anymore.
- Mix in mixer for 10 full minutes on medium speed.
- Split dough into four sections and place into bread pans greased with Crisco. (coat your hands with Crisco so the dough doesn’t stick to your hands.)
- Let dough rise in a warm place until the dough is 2 inches above the pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once you take the bread out of the oven, let the bread sit inside the pan for 10 minutes, then take them out to sit on a cooling rack.
- Cut and serve with butter and strawberry jam for the most DELICIOUS treat.