We had an INCREDIBLE time at the live wreath-making class last week! I’ll be posting pics soon!! If you’re not up to making a live wreath, or you missed out on the class but want to make your house smell like Christmas (no, seriously) then here are a few ideas to keep that greenery fresh and ideas on how to use it in your home. For some of these ideas, all you need are a few sprigs, which you can buy at a grocery store, or a local floral shop (or you could secretly trim some off of a tree up the canyon, but you didn’t hear that from me!) But no matter how you get it, I would strongly encourage you add some evergreen-ery to your home this season, because it makes such a huge difference in feeling the Christmas spirit.
- Keep greenery out of direct sunlight to last longer
- Greenery that are kept in cool places will last MUCH longer (think wreath on the front door)
- If evergreens are in a vase, replace the water daily and re-trim the stems every other day
- Many evergreens release sap, so have some Goo Gone handy for the surfaces and clippers you use
- When your arrangement is complete, generously spray your greenery with hairspray, which will help lock-in the moisture. Only do this once.
- Other than making a live wreath (which I’ll be posting about our event from last week soon), here are a few other ideas I’ve snagged from the incredible Instagram peeps I follow. You’ll want to follow them, too, trust me!! And while you’re at it, follow me, too, @alexibullock, I will do my very best to live up to your expectations!!
Create a garland with scraps like @kenziepoo did above.
Or put your scraps in mini vases to keep some fresh greens on your counter like @heynataliejean did.
@woodlark used some for presents above.
@sweetlittlepeanut used some for a tablesetting, and…
to decorate the back of a chair.